Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring Semester Flying By!

I can't believe the spring semester is almost over. This was a good week of experience in CT. We are short a tech and it has made me step up to the plate! There really wasn't anything particularly new or unusual, but I am getting a lot of scanning time. We do a lot of CAP's, AP's, Brains, Sinuses, Chests and Necks. One thing that still makes me nervous is biopsies. Learning to mark the area of interest and the angle of needle and grid placement seems intimidating. There is a lot to learn with the different length needles and biopsy sets. Sometimes biopies can be pretty tense when it doesn't go as planned and the doctor gets stressed out. This stresses me out, and then I make mistakes! I know if I keep at it, I will get more confident. This is probably my least favorite part of CT.

No comments: