Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Great Day in CT
Today was an awesome day! I was able to scan my first sternum! My patient was in a motorcycle accident three weeks prior where he hit his chest on the handlebars. He complained of sternum pain . Once we saw the images and I did the coronal and sagittal reformats, it was an clear fracture completely through mid sternum. I love doing reformatts on bone work. I think the images are beautiful. I am recently learning to work on the 3D workstation that is mainly used for CTA's etc. I was able to send the sternum to the workstation and do 3D reformats in color that really looked awesome. The CT techs are teaching me to "grow in " a particular area of interest on the 3D workstation. This is where you start with a blank screen on one side, and your area of interest on another screen as an axial image. You hold the mouse down on the area of interest and it appears as a 3D image where the blank screen is. I am very new at this, but it is another exciting area of CT that I enjoy learning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment