Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Bone Work

I have been enjoying bone work in CT lately. I think the detail in the bone work is awesome. We have had a few challenges recently with elbows! For some reason, patients that need elbows scanned lately have been rather large patients. This can pose a challege in the CT scanner, especially if they have limited range of movement with the elbow. I am learning how important improvising is in these cases. Can the patient keep the elbow straight down by their side in the AP position? If not, can they go head first in the scanner in the "superman" pose with affected elbow stretched out above their head? Can you get the elbow in the SFOV? ( Especially without them falling off the couch!) That is the ultimate challenge with certain patients. It is great to learn little tricks and tid bits of knowledge from seasoned techs! I still have so much to learn! I can't believe we only have a few weeks left in this semester.

No comments: